Thursday 26 December 2019

Girlfriends death is affecting my parenting


I'm not really one to ask help in real life so I just need real honest advice.Last year my girlfriend passed away and it has been the hardest year of my life yet, one year later and the thought itself hits me in the gut, weakens my knees and just destroys me. As a person who suffers from OCD, this is really an invasive constant thought. I miss her and can't let go of anything, her clothes, her shoes, make up everything is where she left it and I can't bring myself to throw it away. I'm 21, we met when we were 13 in church and it felt like she was going to be there for ever.between university, work, paying bills, taking care of my daughter I'm honestly exhausted. I don't even feel joyful when I'm with my daughter, I just feel sort of in space not knowing if im doing anything right and the only thing that keeps me moving is my daughter.How do you survive? the constant labor makes me apreciate my parents way more, jesus this is HARD. The depression, anxiety of what awaits for me is constant and I just want advice on how do you manage, how do you make the experience better, if you lost your other half how did you cope. Also dealing with lonliness, I feel left out of my youth, I can't date because I can't get over her etc all this is just making me half ass everything and I don't want to half ass raising heredit: daughter is 2 years old, and she doesn't understand death yet (it doesn't hit her) so she constantly ask the mommy questions, I know that she died too young but the constant mom questions are a trigger that just kills me and I wish I could tell her to stop. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/37f5xJU

No comments:

Post a Comment