Monday 30 December 2019

Thank you to the sweet girl who tried to comfort my 3 yr old son having a meltdown in the grocery store!!


My son (3 in Jan) fell asleep on the way to the grocery store, it was a necessary trip or we would’ve gone straight home. I generally am able to carry him while asleep if we’re in the store but I had to get several heavy items and absolutely could not carry him. As I’m putting him in the shopping cart he wakes up madder than a rattlesnake. I get it he’s tired and fussy... but he was having a nuclear level meltdown. Im keeping my cool as he’s yelling that he wants me to carry him... at this point I’m just kinda going directly to get the needed items and trying to console him and explain I cannot carry him. As we’re walking thru the store I’m getting dirty ugly looks from other parents... zero compassion and all of a sudden I’m “that” mom with “that” kid. We turn into one aisle and there’s a mom and her 2 kids, the older child probably 10-11 sees my son crying and tells him “hey buddy! It’s okay... I’ve been there... we all have... it’s gonna be okay” while her mom and little brother are looking at the toys (yes I totally caved and decided to get him a toy to calm him down). I was just super moved and blessed by her kindness. And my son calmed down. I did take a minute to tell her mom how sweet that was and that she (mom) was doing a wonderful job.As a single mom trying to do this on my own it can be overwhelming, and that sweet simple kind gesture from a kid changed my whole attitude from “omg I’m the worst mom ever” to “okay... I got this” via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Q8tv3X

No comments:

Post a Comment