Friday 27 December 2019

Desperately need help with disrespectful and defiant teen


My 15 year old nephew moved in with me recently and I am in way over my head here.My sister also has a 2 year old and her father (they have different dads) has been fighting for custody and got social services involved and they ended up removing both kids. My nephew's dad is in jail so even though I've only met the kid a handful of times, he moved in with me.He's rude and disrespectful especially if my girlfriend is around. He has literally told her to fuck off on more than one occasion. He comes and goes as he pleases and I don't even know where he's going. I've gotten multiple calls from the school about him ditching or being disrespectful to teachers and yesterday he got picked up for shoplifting.I have no idea what to do. I know nothing about kids. I took his phone away and he didn't seem to care. I've sent him to his room but half the times he just leaves the house instead. We got the belt as kids and I can't tell you how close I've gotten to giving it to him but I know there's so much controversy on it now so I haven't yetPlease. Any insight or advise will be very very much appreciated via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QtkZeM

No comments:

Post a Comment