Monday 30 December 2019

Anxiety in children and teens


I have this theory that nowadays, children and teens are more likely suffering from anxiety, panic attacks and social fears because of the lack of real life scenarios that are fear inducing.Maybe, I am wrong but I do not remember my friends in childhood to have those issues, at least not as many as are heard of today. We were scared about real life situation whereby we had to run out of fear from neighbours that were ready to smack you across the face. Or because it was dark and you had to pass a graveyard. Or you knew you were going to get your arse kicked after school and there was no parent pick up after school.It makes sense to me that the way we parent our kids, brought up in this bubble, means that the brain releases adrenalin just randomly. Maybe, it has to release this adrenalin but does so in unlikely situations.Any thoughts? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MEQLEI

No comments:

Post a Comment