Sunday 29 December 2019

I feel bad for telling my son "I cant play right now."


My son is 4. He is very roudy and energetic, which is fine. I like going outdoors and running around, going to the park, the playground. We do this nearly every day depending mostly on weather. At home he is always wanting me to play with him and 80% of the time I dont hesitate to say yes. But in the evenings I'm feeling so exhausted and sometimes I just need to rest for an hour or so. I also have a 9 month old son who's teething at the moment, has an ear infection and RSV. I just sat down, put the baby down for a rest and I just want to sit and do nothing for a moment when my 4yr old starts yelling "PLAY WITH ME!" I tell him we just need to relax for a little while and sit down and he cries and says "I'm having a terrible night! Why won't you play with me? Why are you angry at me!" It seriously tears me up. I try so hard not to ever raise my voice or come across as angry, it's just not one of my personality traits, I'm a pretty relaxed laid back person. Is he saying these things to make me feel guilty as a way of manipulating me?! At 4yrs old!? He is aware we've played literally all day, he's aware that I am not 'angry' at him. I don't know why he uses this language with me. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/359AFco

No comments:

Post a Comment