Thursday 26 December 2019

Proper Apology


So my husband was messing around with our 6 year old and her cousin who is the same age. He picked them both up and accidentally hurt our kid. She cried, he tried to shush her and said something along the lines of, "be quiet or we won't be playing next time."I called him on it and said it's not fair to say that, she got hurt. This conversation followed.Husband: she's fine. There's nothing wrong with her.Me: she got hurt, you just need to apologise.Husband: I did!Six year old cousin: By saying there's nothing wrong? That's not an apology.I about died. When a six year old calls you out on an appropriate apology you know there's a problem.To be fair to my husband, he's usually good but we are at his parent's and feels a lot of pressure for things to be "good". Including our kids. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/37dS19o

No comments:

Post a Comment