Friday 27 December 2019

Proud parenting moment with sweets and a toddler (18mo)


So both my husband and I carry a lot of baggage with food, and we are self aware about it and are trying to set good examples for our little. I had been reading up on intuitive eating with kids and letting them decide what goes into their months how much, and when, (all of this within good reason) and also make sweets not a big deal. For a control freak such as myself, I found this terrifying (what if they get a cavity, what if they eat "too much", what if he gets a sugar addiction etc.) But I figured, give it a shot and see what happens, and this was back in October.Tonight he happily ate as much chicken noodle soup and fruit yogurt as he wanted. Then I offered him a cookie. He was elated, screamed, "COOKIE!" Took a bite, smiled and said "all done!" He calmly put it on the table and toddled off to go play, and didnt touch it the rest of the night.I was shocked. With my baggage as a kid, I would have gobbled it up and begged for more even if I was stuffed because sweets were such a big deal. So I guess to other newbie parents such as myself, dont be afraid to give them a cookie. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZxtDwR

No comments:

Post a Comment