Monday 30 December 2019

No rest for the wicked.


Edit: Once I do get my beeb down for sleep at night she will sleep 4 sometimes 5 hours uninterrupted. She does wake up sometimes but is able to soothe herself back to sleep. So I know she's capable of self-soothing. It just seems like she doesn't want to 99% of the time.I have a 7 week old (5 week adjusted because she was 2 weeks early) that has recently decided that she will NOT be sleeping in her crib without me spending hours trying to get her down. What used to take me half an hour has now turned into a 2 hour ordeal. She doesn't like to sleep unless on someone.. I have to rock her to sleep and quietly transport her to her crib after a while.Her bedtime has always been a strict routine and up until now she took to it very well. I will, however, add that I just transitioned her from bassinet to crib. She does sleep on me during the day because otherwise she will not sleep. I don't want her to get into sleep debt because I've been told that's super hard to fix. I also do not believe in crying it out. At all. I don't think a 5 week old should be crying it out, she's far too young for that, in my opinion. Advice is welcome. I've been obsessing over this non stop. I just really want my daughter to have a strong foundation for good sleep and I'm terrified of screwing it up for her. Plus, I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Send help. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZC7BJz

No comments:

Post a Comment