Sunday 29 December 2019

Brushing my toddler’s teeth is a nightmare


My one year old hates having her teeth brushed. I’ve tried everything to make it more enjoyable. I’ve let her try doing it, I’ve let her try brushing mine, I’ve brushed her toy’s “teeth”, I’ve let her watch in the mirror, I’ve tried saying things like, “Oooh, I see a kitty back there! Let me get it!” I’ve tried letting her nurse while I sneak the toothbrush in her mouth, I’ve just tried everything.Ultimately, I have to hold her down to get them brushed. This results in much screaming and tears. I know it’s traumatic, but it has to be done. My mother tells me I’m cruel for doing it, but I think it’d be more cruel to neglect my kid’s teeth.Anyone else have to hold down your child to brush their teeth? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2SA2YOB

No comments:

Post a Comment