Monday 30 December 2019

Anxiety constantly with 3 month old? Is this PPA? Anyone else dealt with this before?


Hi...I am going to see my family dr soon, but while waiting I wanted to ask if any other parents have had this or dealt with a spouse with postpartum anxiety?I had a stillbirth of my first daughter at 38 and 1/2 weeks pregnant in 2018. This September I welcomed my second daughter into the world, alive and healthy minus some jaundice which required her to be under the UV lamp for a bit.Now that we are home and settled I notice I worry constantly about the weirdest things; examples:-she gags a bit on forumla and I spend the rest of the night worrying about dry drowing-she bumps her head while getting a diaper change.. worried I should go to the ER incase of brain damage-Today in the bath I went to wash her head and the water went down her face and some seemed to get in her nose and mouth and she screamed and screamed; again worried about dry drowing or a water borne illness-the dog licks her.. I worry about germs infecting hershe cries for more then 5 or 10 minutes I start to worry something is horribly wrong.-nightmares every night of horrible things happening and her passing away, from hitting her head to over eating ect-constantly worrying if she has austism because she doesn't always follow eye contact-doesnt smile enoughThe list goes on.Some days we leave the house to run errands and I have actually had to come back and check I locked the doors.Constantly washing my hands numerous times before making her bottlesBarely let anyone else hold her.And yes I did have tons of therapy and counseling after losing my first daughter.Just wondering what other parents thought? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2tcOI3L

No comments:

Post a Comment