Friday 27 December 2019

Am I protecting my family correctly?


Earlier this year, my wife and my mother had a large argument which started surrounding an issue my wife had with my mom falling asleep with our newborn.After my cousin informed my mother that my wife made a comment that my mother makes things about herself, my mother called me and Had a conversation where she accused my wife of being mean to her by relating events from the last several years and told me I had a rough road ahead.This, subsequently, led to a two month period where my mother and I spoke infrequently and she did not see my child. While this has been resolved and she has seen my child, she has told me that I used him as a pawn in an argument.While we have seen her over the holidays, it’s been incredibly strained and uncomfortable for me and my wife. This whole thing has led to a tremendous amount of stress in my marriage and the early months of my little one.Due to the level of discomfort my wife has around my mother, she wants to take some time (January-February) where we just focus on our family as she transitions to going back to work. While I know I’ll be accused of cutting my mother out of my son’s life again, I feel like I need to protect my family’s wellbeing and mental health first and foremost.I guess I just want some opinions from other new parents about how to navigate this. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/352jqcU

No comments:

Post a Comment