Friday 27 December 2019

Should I allow other people kids to go off diet on my home?


My daughters best friend, she’s 8, is being raised in a home that is dairy free and gluten free by choice. (None is the family members has a food allergy). The parents believe that food influences things like ADD, ADHD and autism. (Again, none of the family members have any of these things.) While I don’t agree, I do respect their decision to raise their children anyway they want.Now the problem, their oldest spends a lot of time at our house, I always keep snacks in our house that are appropriate for her and I provide an alternative if she is joining us for meals. Recently, the girls were hungry, so I told them to head to kitchen and make a snack. I peeked in to check on them and found them with big glasses of milk, apple slices and cheese cubes. Normally, I would have complimented them on making good choices, but friend is not supposed to eat 2 of the 3. Friend was enjoying her snack so I didn’t say anything. The next day at dinner, friend asked for milk to drink and again leaned toward a dish with bread and cheese, instead of the alternative.My question, should I let her choose her own food while she’s in my home or do I restrict her diet like they do at her home. (I overheard a conversation recently that verified the kids eat whatever they want when they visit the grandparents, I don’t know if the parents know). via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/34YqVBW

No comments:

Post a Comment