Monday 30 December 2019

My 3 year old won’t tell anyone he has to go to the bathroom. My husband and I are going to lose our minds.


Hello all.My three year old son will be 3.5 in February. We’re into our third month of hard core potty training. He will occasionally wake up from overnight dry and can easily make it 2-3 hours without having to go.Now. He won’t ever tell us he has to go. We don’t let him just go as long as he wants or ask him. We say, “It’s time to go potty” and then we have him go. He will battle with us saying he doesn’t have to go and then void a HUGE pee. He’s pooped his pants twice this week. He will have just peed an hour previously and then poop his pants without telling anyone he has to go, or just going to the bathroom himself (which he can do if a potty is available).We’ve done sticker charts, potty prizes, tiny M&Ms for going on the potty, LOTS of praise, and we don’t yell at him or punish him for not making it to the bathroom.I’m not really sure what to do here. In the entire three months, he’s never made it a full seven days without an accident.Please don’t say, “We don’t give our kid the option of going, we just say it’s time to go.” So do we. But if he has to go in between his normal routine times, he just pees/poops his pants without telling anyone he needs to go.I feel like we should be further along on this for how old he is and how long we’ve been at it, but this is also my first kid so I’m not sure that’s accurate. Thoughts? Ideas? We’re about out of steam. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QtAELe

No comments:

Post a Comment