Friday 27 December 2019

Being a parent myself makes me resent my dad even more


I don’t know if others feel the same way. Having my daughter makes me want to be a better person. I am more empathetic, patient, and less selfish. All these changes also make me realize that my own father was an asshole growing up. He is always cold, aloof and has terrible anger management at home. It was like walking on egg shells living with him. I would never know when the bomb will tick off. It hurts even more when I see how much my husband loves and cares about our daughter and how willing he is to be a devout father and partner. It makes me sad and angry that my dad couldn’t be the dad I always wanted and I resent him the way he treated my mother. My mother died a few years ago so I can’t even get a closure. The realization makes me cold and distant towards my dad and I don’t think I could forgive him. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Qlf6jO

No comments:

Post a Comment