Tuesday 31 December 2019

My kids do NOT listen.


I bought some Fiber1 bars for snack since the kids are out of school and, ya know, they're kind of healthy. Anyway, this morning for snack I let DD(6) & DS(5) each have one and told them not to eat more than one. Cool. So, I go in my room to feed the baby, and a few minutes later, I hear the cabinet door and crinkling wrappers. As I peek my head out, there is a mad dash to toss the wrappers in the trash. I'm not mad, just relishing in the thought that these little fuckers are about to learn a very valuable lesson. It's glorious.Fast forward, my mom picks up DD for a sleepover, and I advise her to prepare for the aftermath. It's been an adventurous afternoon with DS. After a couple of trips to the bathroom, he has disclosed his tally (3), and lamented his decision. He has also decided to avoid those particular bars for a while and actually listen to Mom when I talk.Am waiting for the stories from my mom.Btw, they're fine. Since they're usually a bit constipated and drink water like a street drain during a storm, I figured a good flushing and lesson wouldn't hurt.Edit because I am clearly hypocritical regarding there/their/they're. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZQvCNj

No comments:

Post a Comment