Sunday 29 December 2019

Asked my son what he wanted for his birthday.


My young son has a birthday coming up. I’m strapped for cash so I asked him if there was anything I could do for him that wouldn’t require any money. He flat out, calmly told me he wants me to stop ignoring him so much.Backstory - I have a breastfeeding new baby and I have been a SAHM this past year. It would be fair to say I’ve been pre-occupied but not completely negligent in balancing everything.I’m mad at myself for letting it get to this point but at the same time I’m glad I asked this question because it brought me back to reality. Huge slap in the face to wake up. Money- it is NOT everything. Yeah he loves his electronics and toys, etc but he obviously wants and needs a real connection with his mother. Just wanted to share this personal moment and message with other parents. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2F6xffX

No comments:

Post a Comment