Wednesday 26 September 2018

We started my 9yo son on ADHD meds and he just hasn't been himself the last few days. I'm concerned.


So my son was diagnosed with ADHD about 2 years ago and less than 2 weeks ago we started him on a non-stimulant medication. He had finally started to sit still and be able to focus. Since it is non-stimulant, we had to up the dosage to the correct dosage based on his weight and he has definitely showed increased changes in his mood. He is super depressed all of the time and has no emotion except sadness. He usually sings and dances in the car with us, but instead he just stared at the ground and answered everything with a one word answer. He loves to draw and make art but hasn't been into it lately. I asked if the medicine was making him feel weird and he said "Calm. Too calm. And sad."Tomorrow I will lower the dose to the original dosage, but I can't help but to feel worried about him. I am hoping some of the other parents who have gone down this path can guide me or give me support in what I can expect? I was really hoping (stupidly) that we will just try one medication and cross our fingers it works but I don't think we will be so lucky. I'm curious how many medications you may have gone through before you found "the one". What your child experienced, mood-wise, while testing all of these damn pharmecuticals out?TLDR; 9yo son started taking ADHD medication. This first one doesn't seem to be good for him as he seems to be becoming depressed. I'm curious what other parents have experienced with their child when they began medicaton. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2zy2u1O

No comments:

Post a Comment