Saturday 29 September 2018

Preschooler and makeup? Advice?


I am a pretty liberal parent and I try to have a justification for my parenting choices. I have been trying to raise her to be strong and confident. My daughter went through a superhero phase and I had no problem with her wearing a cape everywhere. One morning when I had extra time I even face painted a mask on her before preschool because she had been begging me for weeks.Now she has started an interest in makeup. I wear very minimal makeup, just some mascara and powder, and not even every day. I do have some old makeup and so far my rule has been she can wear makeup as long as we are just staying in the house. So about once a week I put eye shadow, eyeliner and lipstick on her and she is happy as can be. I told her she can't wear it in public because other people will think I'm weird for letting her wear makeup (I know totally wrong thing to say I'm sure, but it's the truth). I don't know why it just makes me feel icky to have her wear makeup in public, but I can't quite put my finger on it.At the same time I also feel some cognitive dissonance because I was totally cool with her dressing as a super hero. I don't know I just am hoping someone has gone through something similar and help me clarify my thoughts, or tell me how they handled it. I'm not quite sure how to handle this or if I'm doing the right thing. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2NR2P8w

No comments:

Post a Comment