Wednesday 26 September 2018

My foster kid wanted a kiss goodnight and I’m just a mess.


She’s six. She’s not had a good life so far and she has a lot of emotional issues. The last six weeks I’ve had her have been a battle, but she’s starting to see that I treat her far better than anyone ever has before and she’s become less and less withdrawn.She actually smiled when I picked her up from her first day back at school a few days ago. I think she instinctively dreaded going home like before, and then she remembered that it’s me taking her home and she didn’t have to fear the end of the school day any more. Kind of like how after finals week you wake up in a panic and then you get that blissful wave of relief that you don’t have to worry about that anymore.Well for the first time I got solicited for physical affection. She wanted me to kiss her good night like the mom does in a picture book she read. I didn’t make a big deal and obliged. But after I turned out the light and closed the door I started crying.Sorry I just thought I’d share. Feels good.PS, please disregard my username. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2DzPixr

No comments:

Post a Comment