Sunday 30 September 2018

My husband is grieving and I’m losing my sanity


We are new parents, like not NEW but our child isn’t one yet. This year my husband has not only lost his father but then he also lost his brother three months later in a terrible accident. He’s working 9 hours a day plus his 3 hour (total) commute and he’s always tired. So he’s grieving and tired. And I’m trying to be understanding of that. I have been. But that also means taking care of almost everything here by myself. Letting him sleep, even on weekends and working on projects alone. And through it all, when I ask him something I really need help with he does it. He really is quite wonderful. I don’t know how much time is appropriate for grief. I mean you never get over that. I grieved too, but it’s not like I’ll ever understand what its like to be in his shoes. But lately I’ve been tired. I’m feeling so selfish but I just want to sleep in. I want to go out. I want to leave him at home alone with the baby. Lately we have been fighting a bit about it, and then I feel terrible for bringing up anything at all. I really just want things to be how they used to be. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QmEGDD

No comments:

Post a Comment