Friday 28 September 2018

Daughter calls her dad by his first name, he doesn’t like it but I think it’s hilarious.


*Rephrase: I think it’s cute, but not at his expense :)So my 3 year old daughter started calling her dad by his first name around when she turned two. She will go through phases where she goes back to “daddy” but it’s almost always his first name. I don’t think there is anything wrong with it, and she will call him dad when he asks her to. But I recently asked her why she calls him by his first name and she said it’s because I do, and that is his name. I have never been one to refer to him as daddy, but I will if it’s in the context of “your dad has your shoes” or “go ask daddy” or something along those lines. Those are bad examples but I hope you get my point. She will occasionally call me by my first name but it’s usually after “mom mom mom mommy mommy mom” hasn’t got a response yet 😂Has anyone else experienced this?? I feel kinda bad for my husband but I’m not about to start saying “daddy please pass the salt” via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2IoX37Z

No comments:

Post a Comment