Sunday 30 September 2018

My husband & I disagree on rules for our daughter (16f) dating. Advice?


So our daughter was asked out on a date.My husband travels a lot for work and is gone for months at a time. On Skype I was telling him about the date, and he said that he does not want her dating at all until she graduates high school. I know that us as parents have to accept that she’s growing up. I also told him that I might put her on birth control when she feels ready to be sexually active; he said this is just giving her an opportunity to go out and have sex with whoever she wants.I completely disagree with my husband. Providing birth control is teaching safe sex; and usually sex is in the spur of the moment, so I want her to be prepared, whether thats now or 10 years from now. I was never allowed to date until after HS and I feel as if that robbed me from certain experiences that would’ve helped me later down the line (e.g dealing with heartbreak).He also says that a boy will be distracting to school work and that he doesn’t want her to become obsessed. Our daughter is a straight A student and teachers only say good things about her. Now if she starts dating someone and her grades go down then that would be an issue, but I don’t think it will be.He doesn’t want her dating at all, but I don’t want her to miss out on fun. I also don’t want her to resent us if we forbid her from dating. Forbidding her will just make her sneak around.How can my husband and I come to a compromise? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Rfd1FA

No comments:

Post a Comment