Wednesday 26 September 2018

40 days after I lost my sunshine. (cross-post because a lot of people here helped me)


Today is my son's 40 days. To people who doesn't know what it means, in my religion (not Orthodox), the 40th day after death is when the soul goes to heaven. Last night, I talked to my son... not in my thoughts.. I was hugging his Teddy bear in bed while yakking away. I told him that I feel at peace knowing that he's going to heaven soon... that I'm not bitter anymore.. that it's still hurts but knowing that he'll be in a better place gives me a warm feeling inside. Then, I started smelling flowers. I thought, I was imagining it. I tried to ignore it. Still yakking away. I asked if he's around. The flower that I was smelling was roses. The scent... It made me cry. The scent became really strong. I woke my husband up. I told him, our son's with us. He held me until he passed out again. I told my son to stay with me until I fall I sleep. I held his Teddy bear in my arms.My love, as painful as it is, I feel different inside now. I still want you back but you're better off up there watching and not have to feel the evil of the world. I know it's gonna be a long healing process but I am and will be forever grateful that I have you as my son.Son, thank you for visiting last night. That's one of the best presents I have ever received. Go on now, my love. Promise me that you and grandpa will be the first people I will see when it's my time to go. I love you so much, son. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Q9jlxk

No comments:

Post a Comment