Saturday 29 September 2018

20yr old sister basically raising 8 yr old brother


I...need help and I don’t know how to do this because I’m only 20 and have no children at allMy parents are both deaf so I feel like the majority of the guiding comes from me because I’m the only one he can actually talk to and I understand 100% since I grew up with the same parents - I’ve been through it all - I see a reflection of my younger self in him (and it kinda worries me bc I didn’t grow up the best)I want the best for him and I want him to grow up to be a great guy - I just don’t know how?How do I teach things like responsibility, discipline, building up character and things like that?My parents obviously cannot do that and they didn’t do a great job with me - I grew up feeling shitty all the time, major depression, major anxiety, lots of arguing with them, etc. I would say I started building up my character and trying to becoming a better person just 1 year ago - I don’t want my brother to wait that long to realize no one was there for him and no one paved the way and that he should do this on his ownI already see some of those traits in my brother (anxiety, arguing) and I really want to try my hardest to avoid that as much as possible because I don’t want him to have to go through what I went trough or him realize when he grows up and is 20 like meTLDR: parents are deaf, I feel like I do most of the work, I want the best for my brother, how do I do parent stuff and teach him things he should know/learn? How do I build his character and make him learn important traits? How do I break him out of his shell?Pls help, I literally have no clue what I’m doing - I just know I want the best for him and I don’t want him to feel like I did growing up. I feel like I’m responsible for the way he’s going to grow up to be and it’s so much weight on my shoulders via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Iq5YWS

No comments:

Post a Comment