Saturday 29 September 2018

At my wits end over neighborhood kids


On mobile, sorry for any formatting and spelling.I suppose I should start with a little background. I live at the end of a dead end road. My son is almost 9 years old. He has adhd, but he's a sweetheart. A few years ago a new family moved onto the street and since our introductions, have made my son's life hell.They have 2 boys. The youngest is a year older than my son, the older one I believe is about 13 years old. Those 2 boys have bullied the 6 other kids on the street (age ranges of 7 to 15) to the point where each and every one acts as if my son doesn't exist, or they call him over pretending to be nice, just to bully him and my boyo running inside in tears.Lately, the kids have taken up ding-dong-ditching my house. The boyo went from being excited that someone was looking to play with him, to bursting into tears whenever the doorbell goes off.My son hasn't made friends at school. He doesn't have friends in the neighborhood. It's breaking my heart watching him watch the kids play without him.Recently, we got a new puppy. Next week the puppy is 7 months old. The kids have shown up looking to play with the puppy and shun my son, so I politely tell the kids that they can't treat my son badly then expect me to let them play with my dog.We've had issues with this main family and my dogs in the past. When they first moved here, I had 2 elderly dogs. They would just open their door and let their dog out free. My dogs were always leashed unless they were in the fenced in back yard. Their dog would come flying across the street snarling and charging my old boys. Somehow, this dog is okay with my puppy.I guess what I'm trying to get at, is how do I get these kids to either be nice to my son or leave him alone all together? How can I help him make friends? I've already told the 2 boys that if they can't play nice or be respectful, they aren't to be on my property, but I find them in my yard constantly. Using the swingset, hanging out in part of the yard that's hard to see from inside the house, moving stuff around in my gardens (especially my moose antler, I find that thing in completely different gardens than the spot it's been in for 10+ years)I've attempted to talk to the parents once before and that ended terribly. I'm 30. I look like I'm still in high school. The reason I was trying to talk to these parents? They had a party going. No one seemed to have noticed that a toddler in just a diaper decided my backyard across the street was more fun than their party. I had the toddler ripped out of my arms and a door slammed in my face.I have no idea what to do. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2DPoNEm

No comments:

Post a Comment