Saturday 29 September 2018

Is having kids worth it, or do you ever regret your decision?


First of all, I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I would just really appreciate opinions from some actual parents.I have an IUD, which is 99% effective. I guess I should buy a lottery ticket because I’m pregnant.In hindsight, it was probably a poor decision to tell my family so quickly, but I was panicked and scared and now the cats out of the bag. I’ve been with my boyfriend for 4 years, we’re both in our late twenties and we’re comfortable financially. My boyfriend is ecstatic and my parents are over the moon with excitement.Me? I’m freaking terrified. I’m angry that my birth control failed. I feel trapped. I feel like my dreams are being ripped out from under me. All those countries I dreamed of visiting, the surf lessons I wanted to take, the masters degree I was going to pursue...it’s all been pushed back by years, decades, if it even happens at all.And I feel horrible for feeling this way. I find out I’m pregnant and all I can think about is myself, not my soon to be very real child .Everyone is telling me that my feelings are normal. That all first time parents are scared in the beginning but that all of the struggles and difficulties are worth it to raise a child. I just don’t know. I don’t hate kids at all, but I’ve never really thought much about having my own.So, parents, is this kind of fear normal at the beginning of a pregnancy? I know that parenting is the most difficult job in the world. Is it truly worth it for your children, or do you have any regrets? I know these are deeply personal questions so I appreciate any insight at all. I want to want this baby, but I just don’t know if I do. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2xLsHbE

No comments:

Post a Comment