Saturday 29 September 2018

Vent! Single parent weekends are killing me.


My husband and I are together but very busy both working full time with a 1 and 3 year old. The 3 year old just started kindergarten and the 1 yo is in daycare. We each drop off a child but I do the double pick up. Ive been getting home about 10 minutes ahead of my husband but I actually left work much earlier.The upshot is that I'm short time at work. I need to put in more hours at night or on weekends. It can be done at home but I need the kids occupied.Our house is the other issue. There have been time sensitive projects, weather related, that my husband is working on. So if the weather is good he has to put in time on those as well.The result is that weekends often end up me alone with the kids all day. And it's hard!So this weekend the house project is finally complete. Yay! I get help right? I get time to work right? We get time as a family right? Oh, there's this baseball game he wants to play at noon. Sure, let's work around that. Turns out it's playoffs in some tournament he fails to tell me. They keep winning and SIX HOURS LATER he's home. Just as I'm putting the kids to bed.I can't even express how upset I am. Next week I'm having surgery so this was likely my last chance at having family time for a while since I'll be recovering for weeks. Also the weather was beautiful. But I was stuck at home waiting for him all day. I could have made plans with friends, or my parents... But no. We went to the park but we do that every day.He's just like oh we'll do something tomorrow but I still have work to do. So I can't. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2R6lQ4C

No comments:

Post a Comment