Thursday 27 September 2018

End of school term


So it’s the last day of term here (New Zealand) and my DD is tired. She’s still been doing so well getting up with her alarm and getting ready in the morning, especially as I’ve had a horrible bug and have been staying in bed until the last second we have to leave for school. I normally drop her at a friends at 7.30am so I can get to work on time.Anyway she has some quiet time before bed and last night she had been listening to stories on her iPad and colouring. I got distracted with some online shopping and missed the time to go turn her light off, then I hear this muffled through her closed door “mama can you come stroke my head?”Guys she had put herself to bed and turned her iPad off and all that without being asked - reason? She was tired. This kid is 8 years old and has the worst FOMO I’ve ever seen so the fact she put herself to bed cause it was lights off time I’m like “Praise the Lord” finally, finally she is learning to listen to her signals and and not worry about what else is happening.Mornings have been absolute hell, like I wanted to run away, but she has consistently been so good and even when she’s been tired, cause end of term near the end of the year I remember being so tired.Sorry this got rambly I’m just really proud of her via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2xFl8TS

No comments:

Post a Comment