Friday 28 September 2018

Feel like a terrible parent today


FTP, obligatory apologies for formatting, on mobile etc.I'm dealing with some depression due to a double bereavement in quick succession. I'm taking medication, and it's helping, but I'm still struggling with motivation. It's a beautiful day out and I've sat in most of the day with my 2.5 yr old toddler. She's a wonderful, happy child. She can play by herself happily, use her imagination and is, loved, well adjusted and meeting all targets. So I know she's happy. But, I definitely could do more with her. On the days I'm down and don't want to leave the house I feel like I'm failing her. I know a day in the house playing with toys and watching tv isn't the end of the word, but I fear I'm setting a bad example for her. Then I hate myself for being lazy and not making myself go out. Does anyone else ever feel this way? I see social media of peers and their children at the park, zoo etc and I feel a failure. We do all those things - Just not so much at the minute. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2zDvFjQ

No comments:

Post a Comment