Wednesday 26 September 2018

Problem with my ex and his wife


I’m having a problem, but I’m not sure where to post. The last time I posted on reddit did not go to well and I didn’t get much advice.My ex has had custody for about a year now. We butt heads a lot, and generally don’t get a long. I text him to ask for pictures, or when school starts, stuff like that and don’t hear back. He has been married for 6 or 7 years now. I think his wife stays home with my son and her daughter with my ex, but I’m not sure. I don’t know much about their lives. It’s been really frustrating to not be able to coparent with my ex since he got custody, and his attorney has told me that he technically doesn’t have to because I only have supervised visits. I don’t think that’s right so I keep trying to get info from him and coparent with him. Sometimes I have to correct my son on our calls, I don’t think they have the same rules at their house and I want to make sure he’s being respectful to everyone but they don’t seem to care about how my son talks to me on the phone.But the problem is this - we We’re playing phone tag last week. I texted both my ex and his wife last week to talk to my son. I hadn’t talked to him in 3 weeks because I busted my phone. I wanted him to call right after school one day, but he never called. The next day he called and I missed the call. It only rang once and I waited for him to try to call me again but he didn’t. So the next day I texting my ex about a call. It was a weekend night so it was close to 9:00 when I asked him to call. My ex said he was working so I immediately called his wife on FaceTime. I dodnt even bother texting, but she was probably the one who was with my son so I thought it wouldn’t be a big deal. She texted me to tell me my son was asleep and I texted her about some other stuff. After answering my questions she said that I should go through my ex about all of this. I don’t think that’s fair. My ex works a lot and sometimes my son calls from his stepmom phone so why not go right to her? We’ve had a lot of issues in the past but I don’t see why she’s still holding on to all of it. She cut off all contact with me a couple years ago and I’ve tried repeatedly to go through her instead of my ex for things like calls but she just dodoesn’t answer me either.How do I get them to coparent with me? This is crazy, I want to be a part of my sons life and I live so far away but they’ve cut me out of everything now. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2InafdG

No comments:

Post a Comment