Wednesday 26 September 2018

Cliques at school


My son is in 4th grade and all of a sudden there seems to be a “group” and it’s clear that he’s not in it. He’s good looking, outgoing, decently athletic, but he’s jut being left out and I wasn’t prepared for it with boys. You always hear how it’s a girl thing but with my daughter who is a bit older than him, she always had only a couple close friends so maybe I just never knew about the cliques in her grade. My son seems to be feeling a bit down as he is always going and riding his bike to people’s houses and making an effort. While they seem fine to play with him when he makes an effort, they don’t make much effort towards him. It makes it worse because most of the group lives in our same neighborhood. Anyone else go through this with any advice? I stay out of his social life and just try to be there if he needs to talk. But of course it also breaks my heart a bit to see him down. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2zx0feM

No comments:

Post a Comment