Friday 28 September 2018

Tore off my child's nail completely off... Sweet Jesus, HOW?


My youngest son is 16 months old. He is comparatively speaking my active child. So getting him to sit while I trim his nails is a pain... So typically while he's sleeping, I'll bite them off as I hold him or when he is just calm, we sit and I bite them off. I don't need judgement on this or your advice on how you get your child to sit and do his or her nails. This child would jump while breastfeeding, and practically do cartwheels. Your child doesn't equal my child. Also I feel pretty shitty enough, so I don't need to feel worse. I have done this for my oldest at times too, but really around 2 years old, my oldest found it fun because he could trim mine and my husband's... So Youngest gets up around 1 am, and I am rocking him back to sleep and I notice a big ol' hangnail on his hand. I try to chew it off, but that doesn't work, so then I decide to quickly pull it off. The WHOLE NAIL RIPS AWAY. OMG. WHAT HAVE I DONE? Now he's awake and crying (understandably so!), and I'm trying to bandage up his nail, put some neosporin on it, and get him some ibu because that shit would hurt a grown man let alone a poor little toddler. He throws a huge fit and won't let me hold him, and I don't blame him. He goes to our bedroom door and cries for "Dada" while I try to comfort him. My husband (who is a saint) gets up and comforts him with his nice big shoulders and guilt-free-non-ripping-nail presence. The little guy goes back to sleep in my husband's arms while mean ol mommy silently cries herself to sleep. My poor baby. This morning, we took off the band-aid and I cut off the remaining nail so it wouldn't catch on anything should his band aid fall off (which it probably will and has). He got mad at me again. When I dropped him off at daycare, he ran away from me because he was still so mad/betrayed/tired. I don't blame you little man. I don't blame you at all. Poor fella. Mama is sorry, and I hope you forget sooner than later that I am a mostly good mama with obviously a few traits that could be better. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2zDBCxm

No comments:

Post a Comment