Tuesday 27 February 2018

Who is right? Son (almost sixteen) saw dirty pics on my phone.


My kids have been told repeatedly not to grab people's phones and look through pictures because you never know what someone has on there. They have been warned this counts for my phone too. We are a sex positive household and they know their dad and I have a healthy sex life (obvious with a new baby brother, lol). I've told them it isn't appropriate to snoop or grab and my phone is passcode protected.Tonight I was feeding the baby and put my phone down next to me without shutting it. Before the passcode came on, my son grabbed the phone and started swiping through pics to find one of him. He saw some dirty pics of my husband and I. I was dressed, husband was not. I was in the pictures though (trying not to be too graphic).So now my son is mad at me. I reached out to a mother figure I have and told her what happened and she said I have set a bad example for him and I shouldn't have adult content on my phone because now he thinks it's okay to take and send them. I disagree. As an adult I have a lot of privileges my kids don't have, and I am an adult and am responsible and am able to make informed decisions about where my pictures go, unlike my teen.Thoughts? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2GMvF1D

No comments:

Post a Comment