Friday 23 February 2018

Whats up with kids Hockey?


My son loves hockey, he is five and plays in a clinic 2 days a week. I knew going in that hockey was more of commitment on both our parts. And its fine right now, but im looking at the older kids schedule and its pretty insane.How is playing more than two games in two days considered normal? How is hockey five to six days a week ok? My 5 year old is really good for 5, but I know he isnt going to play in the pros and neither are any of the kids playing 5-6 days a week. Ok maybe 1 of them will at some point. So what is the motivation for the constant play.I played baseball football and basketball through highschool and college football and these little 9 and 10 year olds are practicing the same or more than I did at much older ages. I get loving a sport and the culture around the sport.I'm seriously thinking of ending this now but I also enjoy seeing him enjoy himself. Do the kids feel like this becomes a job as they age? Something seems off with the parents too, they act like they are fans of their kids. And not in the mother/father way. They wear the team jerseys and hold pep rally's for 8 years olds. WTF.. I really would like to know who is pushing for these schedules. Is it the league owners way of making more money, is it the rinks demands when signing on a league. Is it USA hockey's way of getting better hockey players. If my kid is 10 and able to beat 16 year olds like #99 did then I wouldn't be complaining but those odds are not very good. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2CdE1RX

No comments:

Post a Comment