Friday 23 February 2018

My wife suffered a stroke after the birth of our first child three weeks ago and I'm stressed out and need advice


My first child, a girl was born on February 1. My wife suffered a stroke twenty minutes after the birth. Doctors can't still explain what caused it. She is still in the hospital, but was moved to rehab unit a couple of days ago. She can't speak and her left leg is paralyzed and her left while not paralyzed is quite weak. I'm basically caring for my baby with help from my parents and father-in-law. It's taking a toll on me as I'm dealing with a baby and a hospitalized wife. She is devasted and has communicated with me through an iPad and computer, that she feels terrible that she can't be with me taking care of our baby. I havent' found others in similar situations where they are doing most of the care of baby or child due to the other parent being or disabled. I'm welcome to any advice from anyone. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2EM1ueG

No comments:

Post a Comment