Wednesday 28 February 2018

Finally back in daycare! To pick him up at 11....


First of all, I am 23 with two boys 13 months apart one is 2 and one is 3. I work in real estate with my husband and a popular restaurant in my free time. Since the end of December, due to surprising circumstances I have stayed home with the boys. I like to work, a lot. It gives me balance, it gives me peace, perspective, and context.Well, finally I get the boys in a school. My two year old is lovey and sweet but craves lots of attention, my three year old craves attention as well, but is rough and a typical crazy three year old boy. He does his own thing. But at home they are both assertive, playful boys, equally really.Now after that very lengthy intro (sorry), I will get to it. I drop my two year old off today, anticipating it being a rough day for him, but still optimistic. We drop at 7:30, and we get a call at 11 telling us we need to come up there. Apparently he cried the entire time and it was not going to happen today. Although he has spent a lot of time with me as of late, I did not expect him to freak out like this. He cries at the YMCA, but stops, he has been in daycare before, he has stayed with my MIL, and even stays with a close friend of ours who keeps them when we are out of town. I will say, he is a mamas boy and is clingy, I do my best not to overdo it and set boundaries, but he is very demanding and jealous when it comes to attention.Does anyone have any tips or tricks, or even a sympathetic story?I am planning on going up there today around 3:30 after his nap and going to show him I like his teacher and kind of redo their introduction. Good idea?For those with experience in this, how long does this normally last?Is it possible this is a temperament issue because of a developmental stage? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2FG4S7V

No comments:

Post a Comment