Tuesday 27 February 2018

Fiance's 14 year old daughter in contact with older man. Debating whether I should tell him about this or not


My soon to be step-daughter is a very smart girl. She's an A-A/B student. We've never had a problem out of her. She's very quiet and respectful when she comes to visit. She doesn't live with us and she rarely visits anymore. Her mother and my fiance had a disagreement and it made her feel that she had to choose a side and she's much closer to her mother than she is my fiance. This was months ago and they are now slowly repairing their relationship so she visits about every 2 weeks or so.I have her as a friend on Facebook. We sometimes speak on there just so I can see how she's doing and maintain a good relationship with her. I've done some snooping on her Facebook page and saw that she's had a lot of comments on her photos from a guy. I was shocked because she's really shy and I never expected her to be talking to a boy right now. I clicked on his profile and he has most things private but in his "About Me" Section (under profile picture) he has that he is 22 years old!I went back to her Facebook account and looked through her pictures and there was one of both him and her. I'm guessing it was from Snapchat because of the filter. They looked like they were in a car. Whether her mother knows about this, I have no clue. I don't even think that she has a Facebook account neither does my fiance.He is not the best influence on her. In his cover photo he has pictures of gun, naked women and just trust me he isn't the best influence.I'm debating on whether I should notify my fiance about this because it could be just innocent and they could genuinely be friends. She will know that I was snooping and it may affect her wanting to visit again. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2FCiBfO

No comments:

Post a Comment