Sunday 25 February 2018

I feel like I’m not the parent anymore..


I had my daughter at 19 and the biological father was nowhere to be found for child support except to call me 1 time to tell me to get an abortion. Now I have my 10 month old and I strongly rely on my mom and grandma to help take care of her while I work 2 jobs and do school classes full time.However I feel like nobody recognizes that I’m her mom and I don’t know if that’s normal. My mom begs to take her on the weekends and then talks to me like I asked HER to watch my daughter so i could go out with friends. My grandma helps me without even asking first like picks her up the second she starts whining and feeds her before the scheduled times so that I can’t do it and then when I started talking about moving out with my daughter (Because I don’t want to live with my grandma forever) she tells me I can’t because I won’t be able to handle the full weight of the situation.I am a good mother! I am there as soon as I get off of work to snuggle and play with her, I am there every bath night because take off early to spend that time with her, I take her to every doctors appointment, and when her eczema got really bad, I put 7 different types of cream on her 3 times a day!So why does no one address me as the parent? Why does my family feel the need to over help? Is it just because I’m young? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2HM3tgO

No comments:

Post a Comment