Tuesday 27 February 2018

Does anyone else have an 8:30 bedtime for their 2.5 year old?!?


I just need to know if there are others out there with late bed times. She went to bed around 7:00 once upon a time, but then it became 7:30, then 8:00, and now 8:30. These changes were cued by her. She has a solid bed time routine. I’ve tried shifting it earlier again with no success. She just goes down better, later. Her father and I are both night owls, so maybe she comes by it naturally, but... I worry because it’s so much later than most. Her dad works from home 3 Days a week, so he can let her sleep in when she wants, usually. She wakes between 6:00am and 8:30am (10-12 hours a night; 1-2 hour day naps) on her own, with no rhyme or reason as to the variation in time.Bonus question: She is inconsistent with her night waking. 1 out of maybe 5 times, she sleeps through the night. The other nights, she wakes between midnight and 5 am to come sleep in our big bed. At this point, I would typically do a little round of cry it out (she’s been successfully sleep trained since 9 months, but it’s not heavily enforced - and we don’t use it when her cries are extremely distressed). But... her dad (and his anxiety) have made sleep training almost a non option. He insists on still using a monitor to view her state of distress in the night (which I’d be fine with if he didn’t obsess - he is sure she’ll suffocate or something - this is not an exaggeration). So, he mostly takes night duty because if I take it and try to cry it out, he’s up anyway and debating with me about why I’m not just getting her. I’ve gotten to a point where I’ve just basically given him night duty because the whole thing just frustrates me (because I don’t agree with his actions, but at the same time he’s not hurting her).So my question is, is this night sleeping routine way off base from the norm for her age? If so, what course of action might be best? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2BXhhom

No comments:

Post a Comment