Sunday 25 February 2018

Screaming all of the time


My 3 year old tests my patience constantly. And I lose it. Every single time. Today I screamed at her, what felt like, non stop.She was misbehaving, like running out into traffic instead of waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs (while I’m carrying the baby). So I yelled at her for that.After I yell, she tells me “I don’t like you to be mad, I want you to be happy.” And she looks afraid of me...And then I feel like crap.I was trying to cook tonight and she kept bringing her toys into the kitchen. I ALWAYS attempt calmness first, I tell her WHY I don’t want her in the kitchen. It’s hot. Dangerous. Ouch. She can get hurt. I say PLEASE and use a nice voice, She doesn’t listen to my calm voice, ever, so I end up screaming like a psychopath. Then she listens, and cries hysterically.Other times, she yells back at me. She’ll yell “NO!” Or she’ll yell gibberish words together to make it sound like she’s yelling at me. :( I’m assuming this is her imitating me.How can I be a better parent? Have I messed up too much and it’s too late? :( via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2EUa0nB

No comments:

Post a Comment