Saturday 24 February 2018

I was in boarding school for 10 years. I'm inviting parents considering boarding school for their kids to ask me whatever questions they may have about it.


I started boarding weekly when I was seven in Kenya, where my mother lived. I became a full boarder when I was 11, in England, returning home to Kenya every Christmas (3 weeks), Easter (3 weeks) and summer (2 months). At 15, I entered a Westchester, N.Y. boarding school as a Sophomore and was there until graduation at 18 - my father lived in N.Y.C., so I returned home about once a month except for summer, which I spent with my mother.These schools, beyond the age of seven, were all girls schools - they are less abundant now - all three I attended have since become co-ed.I'm happy to answer your questions about boarding school in the event you're considering it for your child, as much as I can. I wasn't sent to boarding school punitively so I'm unsure of how I might enlighten anyone faced with that as a resource for an unruly child, but I may have insight in terms of life in one.For full clarity, I'm almost 50 now, so this was a while ago. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2HIQ7C5

No comments:

Post a Comment