Sunday 25 February 2018

Funny book series for kids with relatively good morals?


Hi all, I'm looking for a book series for my son to read. He's in first grade but an advanced reader. He recently picked up Diary of a Wimpy Kid and LOVED it but I've been reading it and I think it's a bit too 'grown-up' for him (especially why the main character seems to have 'bad luck' when it's really a product of bad choices he's making). We've recently read the 13-story tree house series and he liked that but not as much as Diary of a Wimpy Kid, unfortunately and that series has a few of the same issues (although to a lesser extent).One graphic novel we recently tried that I liked a lot was called HiLO, but there are only 4 of them and they aren't very long. Any other suggestions? He seems to like 'real-world' seeming events more than fantasy and likes when things are funny. I'm trying to steer him away from books where the main character spends a lot of time being mean to friends or disobeying authority figures because I don't think he's emotionally mature enough yet to read that and not emulate it.Edit: Basically I want the book equivalent of Phineas and Ferb for him. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2HN4Prx

No comments:

Post a Comment