Sunday 25 February 2018

How do you all handle public temper tantrums??


I have a 2 year old and I usually just don’t give in to what he wants during an outburst and just ignore him until he uses his manners. Or if it’s really bad because he is tired, I just put him down for a nap.Recently, he was at chikfila with my husband at close to nap time and they closed the play area due to a mess that needed to be cleaned up. My son started screaming at the top of his lungs. My husband said he left and went home and put him down for a nap.My side of the family says he needs to be spanked when he acts like that, but I disagree and think that will add fuel to the fire. I also am not a fan of spanking anywayAre we just going to have to deal with random public outbursts until he outgrows the toddler years or are there things that we can do to prevent them?I’m just curious how other people deal with them because i want to raise a respectable boy, but I also hate punishing him because he is over tired and I chose to run errands during his nap time. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2sTXweg

No comments:

Post a Comment