Saturday 24 February 2018

At what age did you let your kids go out of state without you?


I’ve been lying to my mother about why she can’t take her grandson(1) for a week. She lives 8 hours away. She’s been asking since he was a few weeks old. My excuse was he’s breastfeeding but that only worked for the first 6 months before she was like “why can’t you just pump enough for a week”. I physically could but I didn’t want to. Now that’s he’s weaned she’s back to asking all the time.First of all, she hasn’t met him yet. I understand it was completely normal for my siblings and I to spend weeks at a time with our grandparent’s but I’m just not comfortable with it.Second, she works full time and is a full time student. My little sister(16) will end up taking on most of the responsibility of watching him and our little brother(10).My biggest fear of all is my brother has ODD and ADHD. He can be extremely violent. He’s always been violent towards my sister and I and animals occasionally. He hates not being the center of attention. I never seen him violent towards a younger kid before but he can be unpredictable. When I talked to him, he seems excited to meet his nephew and to “teach him how to be man”. I don’t think he’ll hurt him but I can never be sure with him. My son can’t speak or defend himself and I don’t want to put that responsibility on my sister. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2oskO6n

No comments:

Post a Comment