Wednesday 28 February 2018

A letter to my son that made me cry


Before DS turned one I have decided to make him a time capsule with little things from his first year. I promised myself that I will also write him a letter to open when he is 18. After delaying it due to life happening, I finally sat down today to write said letter. The whole 2 pages of it. Then I read it to make sure that I said everything I wanted to say to him. I told DS how I hoped he knew what being loved feels like, how parenting is hard and that I am truly trying my best, how his Dad is an amazing person, all the things i hope we teach him and that he is good enough no matter what. And then I burst into tears. Because that was the first time I realised how important of a job we've got. And that I hope that I am still here when he reads that letter. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2t18BdD

No comments:

Post a Comment