Tuesday 27 February 2018

9yr old stepdaughter bullied/ talks about suicide


My SO and I are heartbroken. Yesterday we received a call from my SD’s school that her classmates reported she told them that she is suicidal. This was reported to my SO and her BM immediately. Needless to say we are stunned. We talked to her and asked her what is going on. Apparently she has been experiencing bullying from three popular girls. They call her ugly, weird, invite her to hang out with them just to ditch her. Our daughter has always had a bit of trouble socializing and now it’s getting out of hand. We talked to the suicide help line and they gave us some good tools to mitigate this in the interim but I’m still afraid of what she might do. My SD confided in us yesterday that she took her dad’s beard scissors and contemplated cutting her arms in the bathroom, but her heart told her not to. We sent a letter to the teacher and vice principal this morning requesting their plan of action.Has anyone else been in this situation? I am terrified and don’t know what to do. My SO is not doing well and I need to step into the decision making role for him right now as he is emotionally drained (this is among many things currently happening in his family).Thanks for any advice. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2BWQwAp

No comments:

Post a Comment