Monday 26 February 2018

How to deal with too many presents for my son


Hi,My son just turned one, he is the first grandchild for both sides of the family and in his first birthday he got an insane amount of presents. Never mind that he enjoyed playing with the boxes more than anything else, but there is no way he will be able to play with all these toys.I understand that everyone is excited and everyone wants him to have fun with whatever they bought, but since this isn't very practical, what I'd like to do is something like sponsoring a child on his name or something like that so the family can contribute to that instead, so when he grows up a little bit, we can tell him about that.My fear is that everyone will be fine with the idea but they will still want him to have fun with something they bought (understandably), so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion on how to deal with it and convince people to gift him something like that. (I was thinking of asking them to take turns, for example).Thanks, via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2sZFd7p

No comments:

Post a Comment