Wednesday 28 February 2018

My 3 year old cries EVERY time he has to go to his mother's...


At first I thought it was a phase, at one point when he was much younger he did the same to me for a few weeks.We have a split custody, it's been that way since he was just an infant. He's only known this way, half the week with mom and half the week with dad.Before he turned 3 he started crying whenever he would have to leave me. When I go to pick him up, he's eager, ready and willing. It's been over a year now of this, and I'm worried there's some psychological damage happening here.He has at random times told me he doesn't love mommy, and I have to scold him on that. Again last night we had this conversation and nothing has changed.Her time with him is split between her cousin watching him, the grandma and her... the girl moves about once every 9 months to a year. When he's with me, it's solely with me. I'm doing my best to provide a stable environment.He'll cry his eyes out when I mention the night before that he's leaving in the morning. He'll bargain with me to stay, he'll ask to go to work with me so he doesn't have to go with mom. He'll sometimes make it difficult to get dressed so that I can't force him to leave. He sometimes won't let go in front of her so that it's difficult to make the exchange. He's told me he doesn't want to stay with her, that he doesn't love her, and when I ask why it can be for any manor of excuses.Is there a point where I need to step up my concern for him and do more? Should I seek a counselor to help him? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2FEkOYl

No comments:

Post a Comment