Wednesday 27 December 2017

Vaccines and Divorce


My SO and I have 3 kids, aged 11, 9 and 3. My SO insists that the kids be vegetarians, that they not be vaccinated, and that they take all sorts of supplements, vitamins, etc. My SO has many other rules, worries and very worrisome and controlling behaviors that are projected on to the kids (taping their mouths shut to help them sleep better and prevent snoring). The kids are barely vaccinated. The SO has also filed exemptions from vaccines for the kids at their school. It is all very maddening. Everyone in both families, our pediatrician, all agree that the kids should be vaccinated. We all also agree that my SO is not well. I filed for divorce in June 2017. What are the odds of me being granted 'legal custody' of my kids ... so I can make the decisions about the medical issues? We have a clinical psychologist looking at all sides of the medical issues. The psychologist is going to render an opinion to the court in due time. I feel comfortable that my SO isn't well, and that it shows.I also am consumed with resentment towards my SO. It's very difficult because my oldest, my 11 year old, hates me for filing for divorce and sides with my SO on all issues. I feel my oldest is alienated from me.Any advice on how to handle this or what to do, and/or not do given this difficult set of circumstances? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zDme0z

No comments:

Post a Comment