Tuesday 26 December 2017

Held my 1yo in my arms at 3am on Christmas night as he experienced his 1st seizure and it was horrific.


Holding my baby boy in my arms as his eyes rolled back and he started to seize up and flail about is something that will be forever burned into my mind. Screaming for my my in-laws dogs to shut up while my wife called 911, it was a complete nightmare that I was totally unprepared for.Luckily the ambulance came quick and the seizure only lasted a few minutes but I'm just scared to death. I really had no clue what was going on and for a few minutes I really thought my son was going to die in my arms.We were very very lucky that the ambulance company was so close and that we are located right next to a top rated Children's Hospital. The doctors didn't seem too concerned and said it was related to a spike in his fever and hopefully a one-and-done kind of thing but who knows.To parents who experienced this on a daily or even yearly basis my heart really goes out to you, that's a terrible burden to bear.I guess i don't really much of a point in writing this post but I'm just shaking to my core and really struggling to keep it together today. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2CcQc0Z

No comments:

Post a Comment